This database and websites, located at https://www.ccdatalab.org, https://cognoma.org, and http://www.refine.bio or any subdomains thereof (the "CCDL"), is supported by Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation ("we," "our," or "us").
- What information is gathered?
We may collect and retain information from or about you when you register on the CCDL, seek authentication, send or respond to communications, or participate in another CCDL feature. Here are the types of personal information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: When registering or seeking authentication, or otherwise communicating with us, we may ask you for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credentials or other similar information.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us, including IP addresses and session identifiers. We may use "cookies" or other tracking tools to enhance your experience and gather information about Users and visits to the CCDL. Please refer to the "May we use 'cookies' or other tracking tools?" section below for information about cookies and how we may use them.
- Information from Other Sources: For purposes such as authentication, monitoring, completeness or accuracy, we may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties you have authorized to share information with us, and we may add or relate such information to your account.
- How do we respond to "Do Not Track" signals?
Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret web browser-based "Do Not Track" ("DNT") signals other than cookies, we do not currently respond to, or provide Users with a different CCDL experience based on, undefined "DNT" signals to the CCDL.
- How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information in any of the following ways:
- To authenticate or update your information.
- To administer your account or profile.
- To respond to your support requests or otherwise communicate with you.
- To provide or facilitate any services or transactions associated with your account.
- To personalize and optimize your CCDL experience and to learn about your preferences.
- To prevent or remedy any unauthorized or disruptive activity.
- To administer a survey or other CCDL feature.
- To operate, maintain, analyze, improve, control, or customize the CCDL.
- Do we disclose the information we collect?
We generally do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer personal information to outside parties unless we provide you with advance notice. However, we may disclose personal information as described below:
- Agents and Contractors: We may contract with other companies and individuals to operate the CCDL and to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include maintaining and hosting the CCDL, analyzing data, and providing support. Our agents and contractors have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but they must reasonably safeguard such information and they may not use it or disclose it for other purposes.
- Authentication: We may disclose your personal information to third parties as reasonably necessary to authenticate you and your information, as applicable.
Subject to applicable law, we may share aggregated and statistical information with third parties.
- How is personal information corrected or updated?
You can correct or update your personal information by re-registering, updating your profile, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also request that we delete your personal information or remove you from our communications.
- May we use "cookies" or other tracking tools?
We may contract with third party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Users, including tracking User clicks and recording anonymized User sessions. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf, except to help us conduct and improve the CCDL.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies, through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you might not be able to access or use certain CCDL services, features or functionality.
- How secure is personal information?
We follow generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and properly use your personal information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage in our systems.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password, API keys and other identifying tokens, and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you are finished using the CCDL.
- Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on the CCDL. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies, which we encourage you to review. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the CCDL and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
- Questions and Feedback
- Important Notices to Non-United States Residents
It is important to note that the CCDL is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any personal information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the CCDL and/or providing us with your personal information, you consent to this transfer.
- Children's Privacy
We do not knowingly intend to collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If a child has provided us with personal information, a parent or guardian of that child may send an email message to email@example.com with "Request for Child Information Removal" in the subject line and the name and age of the child in the body of the message. After confirmation, we will make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database that stores information for the CCDL.
Last Updated: March 2, 2018