The CCDL's DevOps engineer writes code to deploy CCDL-developed services and interfaces that meet the needs of researchers studying childhood cancer. These developments and deployments will serve a community of dedicated scientists and clinicians, including those who receive grants from ALSF. This team member will be expected to make sure that CCDL software is available and as cost effective as possible. The DevOps engineer will need to be able to select the most appropriate approach for the challenge at hand: some CCDL software will be primarily user facing, while other software will perform computationally intensive processing of large collections of data.
The CCDL position will provide the DevOps engineer with the opportunity to design, implement, and deploy data-processing systems as well as systems that enable the user-guided analysis and interpretation of large-scale datasets. This member of the team will need an understanding of how to efficiently find solutions across multiple settings to cloud-based compute infrastructure. Working in the CCDL also provides a unique opportunity to interact with the childhood cancer research community and its supporters at ALSF.
• Work with other developers to improve the scalability of back end services.
• Develop and deploy software solutions for diverse problems to compute infrastructure.
• Write clean, maintainable source code.
• Experience with the collection of activities now coming to be known as "DevOps".
• Experience with Docker or other containerization technology or cloud workflows.
• Expertise in or the ability to transition to Python.
• BA/BS in computer science, software engineering, other related majors, or equivalent work experience.
Applications that include either a portfolio with work samples or demonstrable contributions to open source projects are preferred.
This full-time opportunity offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested candidates should submit a CV/resume with cover letter describing your interest and why you would be the right fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.