Biological Data Analyst
The CCDL seeks an early-career data scientist to join our growing data science team as a biological data analyst. This person will work with senior data science colleagues to design analyses and will be responsible for to carrying out these analyses of large genomic datasets. The biological data analyst will perform analyses that provide the foundation of solutions that serve a community of dedicated scientists and clinicians, including those who receive grants from ALSF. This data analyst will seek to make sure that analyses that are performed in the CCDL are robust and reliable. This data analyst may, at times, have the opportunity to participate in drafting scientific manuscripts describing work from within the CCDL either as a primary author or as a collaborating author with other groups.
The CCDL position will provide this early-career data scientist with the opportunity to enhance data-processing systems as well as systems that enable the user-guided analysis and interpretation of large-scale datasets. This member of the team will need an understanding of how to perform robust analyses of biological data. Working in the CCDL also provides a unique opportunity to interact with the childhood cancer research community and its supporters at ALSF.
• Work with more senior data science colleagues to design analyses that address a pressing need in cancer biology.
• Perform and summarize analyses that seek to reveal new paths to treatment of childhood cancers or enhance CCDL offerings.
• Communicate findings with collaborators external to the CCDL, most of whom will be experts in childhood cancer.
• Write clean, maintainable source code.
• Experience in the collection of activities now coming to be known as “biological data science” including data wrangling, data analysis, and statistical methods.
• Experience with R or Python. If R, a willingness to become conversant in Python.
• BS in Genetics, Genomics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or related field.
This full-time opportunity offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested candidates should submit a CV/resume with cover letter describing your interest and why you would be the right fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.